We all have dreams—some in which we are in hot pursuit, others long forgotten. Our children, too, have dreams. Are we sensitive to their journeys to discover and cultivate their dreams?
Recently, a beautifully told story renewed my awareness that God has dreams for us too.
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Eph. 2:10 NLT)
Bob Hamp’s ‘Parable of the Acrobat’ tells the story of the journey we all travel to recapture the dream God had for us before time began.
Here is how to listen to the story:
1. Navigate to the Freedom Classes page of the Gateway Church website.
2. Under “Foundational Classes” choose the first file, “A Kingdom Parable.”
3. Select audio or video.
4. Invite your family to join you.
5. The introduction is an integral part of the message, but if interested only in the parable, skip to 14:57 minutes into the message.
6. Get comfortable, listen with your heart, and allow the Lover of your soul to minister to you.
Afterward, allow time for each family member to reflect:
- Do I see myself through God’s eyes or have I believed what the world says about me?
- Do I have dreams I have thrown away that God wants to renew?
What do you see in your children that they do not yet believe for themselves?